Reinforced Lower Control Arms (RLCAs)
Fits 96-02 4Runners and 95.5-04 Tacomas
WE NEED CORES! If you have control arms for us to buy, please let us know!
Problem 1: It's no secret that our 20 year-old lower control arms are known to crack, due to rust or harsh use. Eimkeith has provided the solution to that, but it requires a lot of prepping and welding.
Problem 2: LCA bushings tend to get neglected when they wear out. This leads to alignment issues, sloppy steering, rough ride quality, and bad tire wear. We know that Whiteline has the best replacement kit out there, but pressing the old bushings out and new bushings in can be a giant pain, especially when rust comes in to play.
Solution: For those that are worried about their weak LCAs or worn bushings, but don't have the ability (or time) to do all the welding and press work themselves, you've come to the right spot. We have carefully considered (and personally tested) the components we use on these arms, and they are the best of what the market has to offer. They will turn your old stock arms into armored, trail-ready, "OEM+" control arms built for years of worry-free wheeling.
When you consider the value of each component, and
the amount of work involved, you just can't beat it.
These are the best "bang-for-buck" LCAs available for 3rd Gen 4Runners and 1st Gen Tacomas.
Tacoma owners, you will need to swap out your Tacoma sway bar and endlinks for 4Runner ones. We don't use 1st Gen Tacoma arms to build RLCAs, since the reinforcement kit isn't fully compatible with them. If you are looking for a quality set of endlinks, tap HERE. We run the forged links on our personal build and absolutely love them.
Base Kit: ($349) 1 pair of reinforced OEM front lower control arms
- Sandblasted raw (will require paint to prevent rust and corrosion)
- Old bushings pressed out (new bushings available upon request)
- LCAR kit welded on. Each arm gets 3 reinforcements (1 upper, 2 lower), a limit strap tab, and a shock mount bolt. More info HERE.
Step 1: Choose a bushing option
- ($95) Whiteline bushings, includes press work
Step 2: Choose any add-on options
- ($99) DuroBumps front bump stops. More info HERE.
- ($98) 333 Fab Alignment Cam Eliminator kit. More info HERE.
Step 3: Choose when you want to dropoff / ship us your old arms
- Before I get my RLCAs: (FREE) Select this option if you have a spare set of LCAs, or if you can give us your current arms in advance (good option for weekend rigs that can sit on jack stands for a couple weeks). This results in a faster turnaround, and less money up front!
- After I get my RLCAs: ($150) If you don't have any stock arms lying around, and/or can't have your truck on jack stands for 2-3 weeks, you can buy a set of cores for $150. That money is refunded back to you once we get your current LCAs** (after you've replaced them with your RLCAs, of course). Please save all packaging from your RLCAs, as you will be reusing it to ship your old arms back!
Step 4: Choose your delivery method (selected during checkout)
- Pickup: (FREE) If you're close enough to drive to Montclair CA, you can avoid shipping charges by dropping off your cores and picking up your RLCAs at Freel Good Performance. you can even schedule dropoff and pickup on the same day, just make sure to select "after" on Step 1 and you will get your core refund** upon pickup/dropoff.
- Shipped: ($85) For those that aren't within driving distance to Montclair CA, shipping is available and includes the cost of shipping both your RLCAs and the return shipping for your cores**. Yes, we will include a shipping label in the RLCA box for you to send us your old arms back!
- Please save all packaging from your RLCAs, as you will be reusing it to ship your old arms back!
Current Lead Times:
- "Before" option: 3-4 weeks after we receive your stock arms
- "After" option: backordered. We need more cores! 4+ weeks current ETA, on waitlist only. Please call, email, or message us to be added.
**Core Refund Policy:
Core Refunds are paid back to customers after core LCAs have been received and inspected by Freel Good Performance. Customer is responsible for any damages incurred before/during shipment. We will contact customers after purchase to arrange Core Refund, whether they select "Before" or "After".
Do not send aftermarket "OEM replacement" arms (must be original OEM Toyota only, no knockoffs).
Do not send Tacoma arms, as they are not compatible with the reinforcement kit. DO NOT send cores that are cracked, bent, or damaged. We will not issue a Core Refund to customers that turn in unusable arms. Please contact us or FGP before dropping off / shipping if you are unsure whether your arms are usable. Thanks!